Managing a property on your own may seem like a good idea to save money, but have you considered hiring a professional property manager?
Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself before you start managing a property on your own:
- Are you qualified for the job? The experienced property manager has seen it all (drug crime activity, fire, natural disasters, family crisis, tenant excuses and evictions). Personally handling tenants is stressful and is 24/7.
- Do you have the knowledge and experience it takes to avoid costly mistakes and bring the best return?
- Do you understand the serious risks of mistakes and missed details?
- Do you have time? Successful property management requires you to be proactive and available 24/7, putting your personal life on hold for unexpected issues that can and will arise.
- Are you sure self-management saves you money? Using a professional property manager actually pays for itself. Vacancies are filled faster, you get volume discounts on services and equipment and you avoid costly mistakes, plus it’s often tax deductible.
So let’s break it down:
Are you really willing to take on a demanding complex job, significant financial and legal risk, around-the-clock availability, regular unpleasant encounters and the constant feeling that you’re not trained for this… all just to save yourself the cost of a daily cup of coffee? Here at Real Property Management Des Moines we run your rental property like a business because that’s what it is. So call us at (515) 251-8200, or fill out the form to get started and learn why tens of thousands of property owners across the country gave themselves the ol’ pink slip saving valuable time, headaches and yes, money. We’re Real Property Management Des Moines. Central Iowa’s Local Property Manager.